Ceremony, Reception and Partaaay
tHURSDAY, FEB 21, 2019
4:00 - 11:00 PM
a wedding RATE is AVAILABLE AT rayavadee.
JUST MENTION OUR NAMES.
We have listed some recommended resorts below but note that there are many other places to stay in and around Railay. You can stay in Krabi and get a longtail to Railay, but this may cause some issues with the evening of the wedding as the longtail transfers are limited and may not operate into the night.
214 Moo 2, Tumbon Ao-Nang
Amphur Muang 81000 Krabi Thailand
+66 2 301 1861-3
RAILEI BEACH CLUB
Moo 2, Railei Beach West, Ao Nang, Amphoe Mueang Krabi Thailand 81000
+66 (0) 866 859 359
RAILAY GREAT VIEW RESORT
588 Moo 2 ,Tambol Ao Nang, Maung,Krabi 81000 Thailand
SUNRISE TROPICAL RESORT
39 Moo.2 Ao-Nang,Muang District, Krabi 81180 Thailand
+66(0) 75 819 418-20
Railay is a peninsular in the Krabi Province of Thailand. Although joined by land, you can only access Railay by boat. We have detailed below the best ways to get to Railay. Most resorts offer transfers from the airport and should include the taxi ride and boat to your accommodation. This will likely be an additional cost.
- Krabi Airport - The closest airport to Railay. There are hourly flights from Bangkok or Phuket. Once at Krabi airport it is easy to get a taxi to Ao Nang or Ao Nam Mao pier to get a longtail boat to Railay beach. Dependent on tides, you may get dropped off on the East or West side of the peninsular. Please note, Railay West may require a wade in the sea with your bags above your head! Either side, will be a short walk to your accommodation as Railay is very small and easy to walk the whole area. Note: There are no cars on the peninsular.
- Phuket Airport - You can get a 2 hour taxi ride from Phuket to Ao Nang Pier. Alternatively, Phuket town (45 mins by taxi) also offers a ferry to Ao Nang or to Railay with a longtail boat-to-shore transfer. This will take around 2 hours.
- Longtail from Ao Nang - You can get a longtail (15 mins) from Ao Nang to Railay. You can book prior or on the day.
- Longtail from Ao Nam Mao - You can get a longtail (15 mins) from Ao Nang to Railay. You can book prior or on the day.
- Ferry from Phuket and southern Islands - There are various places you can get ferry transfers to Railay or Ao Nang/ Ao Nam Mao if coming from Phuket or the southern islands. We recommend looking up the ferry timetables online.
By Taxi or Bus
- We found it very easy to find and book taxis and mini buses throughout Thailand. Buses should be prepaid tickets and taxi's should always use the meter.
- We have not taken any trains in Thailand. You can get an overnight train from Bangkok to Surat Thani followed by a 2 hour bus to Krabi.